Expecting? Congratulations! Keep in mind however, it’s very important to maintain optimal dental health during pregnancy. Boise dental visits during pregnancy are vital. If you are pregnant (or think you might be) and have an upcoming appointment with your Boise dentist, it’s important to make sure our team is aware of this right away.
Below are a few reasons you should maintain your Boise dental health during your pregnancy:
- Pregnancy Gingivitis
- Tooth Sensitivity
- Higher Risk of Tooth Decay
Before, During, and After Pregnancy Advice:
- Make an appointment with your Boise dentist for a routine cleaning and checkup prior to getting pregnant.
- Take care of any major Boise dental health issues before becoming pregnant.
There are many Boise dental health issues that can develop during pregnancy as a result of hormonal changes, such as gingivitis, enamel erosion, and cavities. Try to take precautions to avoid them, and address them as soon as they arise.
- It’s key to maintain good overall health, including good dental health.
- It should be safe to have Boise dental procedures during pregnancy, including routine cleanings, x-rays, local anesthetic and polishing.
- Untreated dental health issues many have adverse effects on the baby, because bacteria in the mouth may enter the bloodstream and travel to the fetus. This can result in low birth weights and preterm births.
- If you experience morning sickness, be sure to rinse your mouth with water immediately after vomiting, and wait 30 minutes to brush to avoid damaging tooth enamel.
- Oral health issues that arise during pregnancy typically subside after the baby is born.
- If you experienced any Boise dental problems that don’t go away, make an appointment with your Boise dentist right away.
Share this Article