Proper Boise dental care is important at every age, especially in our senior years. Seniors are at greater risk for developing Boise dental health issues but they can however do things to prevent these issues with proper at-home care in conjunction with professional Boise dental services to help maintain the health & look of their smile.
Boise Dental Care Tips for Seniors
Proper Boise dental care is a lifelong commitment. Think about it. People who take care of their teeth since childhood are less likely to have major oral health problems in the long run. However, it’s never too late to practice proper Boise dental care. Below are some basic tips to help you maintain a healthy smile:
- Brush at least twice a day: Brushing your teeth helps to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Make sure to brush your teeth at least twice a day for a full two minutes and make sure to brush along the gum line and the back of your teeth as well.
- Floss everyday: Flossing is one of the most effective ways to prevent gum disease. Floss at least once a day, every day.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months: Toothbrushes should be replaced every three months to ensure effective brushing.
- Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash: Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash to reduce the risk of gum disease.
- See your Boise dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings: See your Boise dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings at least once every six months. Regular Boise dental exams are important for catching damage at the earliest stages while professional cleanings help reduce plaque and tartar build-up.
- Don’t neglect denture care: If you have dentures, it’s important to practice special care. Avoid brushing your dentures with toothpaste because it may be too abrasive. Instead, use a denture cleaner or mild dish soap for your dentures, and use toothpaste to brush your tongue and gums.
Popular Treatments for Seniors
Even with proper Boise dental care, it’s not uncommon for seniors to experience general wear on their teeth. Fortunately, there are many treatments that can restore teeth affected by general wear or more serious issues. Popular treatments for seniors include:
- Boise teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers
- Boise crowns and bridges
- Boise dental implants
- Root planing and scaling
Share this Article