While missing teeth can be frustrating, there are many good best smile restoration alternatives available to replace lost teeth. The most common Boise dental options for missing teeth are dentures or dental implants. When considering your options it important to note that everyone is different. Make sure to consult with your Boise Dentist as to what option might be best suited for you. Listed below are some of the pros and cons of Boise tooth implants vs dentures:
- Dentures may be the best choice for people whose gums and jaw are weak or unhealthy.
- If you need to replace most or all of your teeth, dentures are clearly the cheaper alternative.
- Dentures can be made in advance and positioned as soon teeth are removed. As a result, the wearer does not have to be without teeth during an extended healing period.
- Dentures must be secured with denture adhesive. Improperly secured, dentures might slip out of place while eating or speaking.
- Improperly fitted dentures may promote infection and decay in other teeth.
- Bones and gums shrink over time, especially during the healing period following tooth removal requiring more adjustments to fit properly during the healing process.
- Implants typically last a lifetime, with a failure rate of less than 5 percent.
- Boise tooth implants are often a popular choice for people who only have one or two missing teeth but they can be an alternative to dentures if you have several missing teeth.
- Most patients find that Boise tooth implants easier to maintain than dentures. They don’t wiggle or slip as dentures can, and are healthier for the gums and bone.
- Implants can be expensive. Insurance coverage is usually minimal, and patients are often surprised by high out-of-pocket costs.
- Dental implant surgery occurs in stages and may involve several procedures. Because this healing requires time, the process can take many months.
- While Boise tooth implants are not subject to cavities as natural teeth are, they can develop gum inflammation, and even infection or boneless if not properly maintained.
Share this Article