Scheduling regular Boise dental check-ups are an essential part of keeping your mouth and body healthy. Whether it’s your first check-up or the first time in a long time, you may be wondering what to expect during your appointment. That’s why the dentists at Summit Dental Group have put together the following guide to help you prepare for your upcoming visit.
Preparing For A Boise Dental Check-Up
Before your next dental check-up, there are a few things to prepare for, especially if it will be your first visit to our office.
- Gather information about your current health history, including any medications you are taking, and the contact information of your regular health care provider or dentist.
- Contact your former dentist to transfer your records to our office. This will provide us with a complete picture of your dental history.
- Let your dentist know if you are pregnant or have any health concerns like diabetes, heart disease, or other special needs, so we can best support you.
- Be sure to mention any specific concerns you may have like dental anxiety. Many people fear going to the dentist, and our team will do our best to make your checkup as comfortable as possible.
There are no special protocols you must follow before a dental check-up. Simply brush and floss your teeth and give yourself plenty of time to arrive for your appointment to fill out any necessary paperwork.
What To Expect During A Dental Check-Up
While every dentist’s office in the Treasure Valley has its own process, you can expect some version of the following at your dental check-up at Summit Dental Group.
Check-In: When you arrive at our office, you will be welcomed by a member of our office staff who will make sure they have all of your information to ensure a successful appointment. This includes your contact information, health history, and dental insurance information. Below are some additional tips to ensure an easy check-in:
- Answer all the questions about your health history so our dental team can make the best decisions and recommendations for you. This includes a list of all your current medications and allergies you may have. At Summit Dental, your information is always kept private, so it’s important to be as thorough and honest as possible.
- Please bring your most up-to-date insurance information so that your benefits can be verified, and a claim can be successfully filed. If you don’t have insurance, please let us know as we offer various affordable ways for you to pay for treatment.
Once you’ve been checked in, a member of our clinical staff will escort you back into our treatment area for your dental check-up:
- X-rays: If you are new to Summit Dental, or haven’t visited us in the past year, you will likely need dental x-rays taken. This will help our hygienist and dentist to view the condition of your teeth and jaw. X-rays are an essential part of a dental check-up and can detect certain diseases and disorders early before they turn into bigger problems down the road.
- Evaluation: Your Boise dentist will then provide you with a comprehensive evaluation to determine the overall health of your teeth and gums. This will include a review of your dental x-rays, along with an oral examination of your teeth, gums, tongue, jaw, and neck. During this time, we will look for any signs of cavities, gum disease, or other abnormalities. We will also educate you about the treatments we recommend to help you achieve optimal dental health. This will include specific home care techniques, products, and dental procedures.
- Questions: After your evaluation, your Boise dentist will take the time to talk with you and answer any questions you may have concerning your oral care, treatments, or cosmetic procedures.
Once you’ve finished with your dental check-up, you’ll pay for your visit and schedule your next appointment. Our office staff will help you with any financial questions you may have, which include insurance or out-of-pocket costs. We will also recommend you schedule another dental check-up every six months depending on your oral health.
Summit Dental Group
At Summit Dental Group, we hope that this Boise dental check-up guide provides you with enough information about what to expect during your next visit with us. After all, visiting our office is nothing to fear, and you should be proud you’re taking optimal care of your oral health. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, fill out our online form or give us a call at (208) 314-2275. We look forward to seeing you!